The South’s sweetest event of the year will be held on Monday, September 9, 2019 at The Lake House on the shores of the beautiful Barnett Reservoir in Ridgeland. The 5th Annual Sweetest Chefs of the South event spotlights the top pastry chefs in the South with dessert tasting galore along with a host of other great food, drinks and entertainment.
Guests will be greeted at the Mercedes-Benz Welcome Tent with ice cold cocktails and special treats. There’ll be a gorgeous selection of wines by Magnolia Barrel House along with Top Shelf Bourbon Tastings presented by Buffalo Trace Distillery.
In addition to all of the fine desserts and pastries, guests will enjoy Savory Food Bars featuring regionally-sourced fresh ingredients prepared by the top restaurants in Ridgeland. Photo opps, meet & greets, fundraising games, and door prizes all combine to make a memorable and fun evening!
2019 Featured Chefs:
- Jessica Bedor from Sinema in Nashville, TN
- Ruby Bloch from Salt and Light Pastry Co. in New Orleans, LA (Ruby competed on Food Network’s Spring Baking Championship)
- Ashley Bottoms from Clumpie’s in Chattanooga, TN
- Megan Brent from Hominy and Grace in Atlanta, GA
- Stephanie Charms from The Indigo Road Restaurant Group in Raleigh, NC
- Brittany Garrigus Chetham from Satterfield’s in Birmingham, AL
- Mark Christie from Highland’s Bar & Grill in Birmingham, AL
- Patty Clark from Warehouse Bakery in Fairhope, AL
- Justine Gudmundson-McCain from Blue Jay’s Bakery in Pensacola, FL
- Lennon Harrison from Voyager’s in Orange Beach, AL
- Chris Walker from Table 100 in Flowood, MS
- Cara Williams from Odette in Florence, AL
Cooking Demo Stage Talent:
- Dwayne Ingraham from 5th & Taylor in Nashville. Ingraham is the winner of Food Network’s 2017 Best Baker in America.
- Mitchell Moore from Campbell’s Craft Donuts/Campbell’s Bakery in Jackson, MS. Moore is a local favorite and winner of the 2017 Sweetest Chefs of the South People’s Choice Award.
- Mary Jennifer Russell from Sugaree’s Bakery in New Albany, MS. Russell is well known as Mississippi’s cake maven.
Sweetest Chefs of the South is an Eat Y’all Signature Event and is a fundraiser benefiting Extra Table. VIP ($100 per person) and regular tickets ($39 per person) can be purchased online at Sweetest Chefs of the South. The event sold out in 2018 so purchase your tickets today!
Book your overnight stay at one of Ridgeland’s comfortable hotels!