Family Bike Itinerary
Nothing says "family bonding time" like getting the kids outdoors and off the beaten path. And what better way to get those wheels turnin' than bringing out the bikes in Ridgeland!
at one of Ridgeland's many family-friendly spots before you hit the trails. Be sure to wait 30 minutes before biking (is that still a rule of thumb?)
- Soulshine Pizza Factory - A fun, casual atmosphere where kids eat free every Wednesday with the purchase of an adult entrée
- Primos Café - Delicious, homestyle cooking and one free kids' meal per adult entrée
- Cock of the Walk - Kids love to watch the staff flip the fresh, golden cornbread right in front of them. Be sure to step out back by the Reservoir afterward to feed the ducks!
- Dogmud Tavern - For the game-lovers! Parents, this one's for you too. Step back in time to some of your favorite classic games like Pacman!
- Northpark Food Court - Ideal if you all have different taste. There's also a Play Space nearby!
along one of Ridgeland's many natural gems. Rent, buy or bring your own bikes for a bit of heart-pumping pedaling.
- Chisha Foka Multi-use Trail - 10-mile paved section of the Natchez Trace Parkway, winding along pine woods full of the same birdsong that once brought John James Audubon to the trail!
- Natchez Trace Parkway - Observe some of the historical sites and markers. With over 8,000 years of history and dozens of famous travelers, you'll find a factoid to surprise every member of your family!
- Old Trace Park - Ride along the waters of the Barnett Reservoir. Stop for a round of disc golf or have a picnic at one of the covered pavilions. Does your family include fur-babies? Let them run around in the Old Trace Dog Park!
- Ridgeland Mountain Bike Trails - Take on a rougher terrain and challenge yourselves among the hilly landscaping and unusual rock formation. Purchase a 2-day pass for just $3!
- Magnolia Ridge BMX Park - Always welcoming new families, the Mag Ridge BMX Park will give you all the adrenaline rushes and be sure to wear out those kiddos for bedtime.
in one of Ridgeland's cycling events, available for all ages. There's nothing like a little family-friendly competition!
- Natchez Trace Century Ride - A vital piece of Ridgeland's signature Art, Wine and Wheels weekend. Ride along national scenic byway with a choice of distances from 8, 25, 50, 62 and 100 miles.
- Kids Bike Parade - Art, Wine and Wheels 2022 will feature a kids bike parade at the Renaissance at Colony Park. Decorate your kiddos' bike for them to ride through the crowd on display!
- Mississippi Cyclocross Project for Kids - This youth cycling outreach program helps transform and empower youth (ages 6-15) by providing free clinics and training sessions from August-December.
- Ridgeland Cyclocross Festival - This event serves as the celebration/graduation of the Mississippi Cyclocross Project.
- Cycle Out Kids Cancer - A fundraising bike ride to support the Children's of Mississippi Center for Cancer and Blood Disorders.
- McGee Lungbuster Fat Tire Festival - A family-fun event geared toward mountain bike racing. This event takes place at the Ridgeland Mountain Bike Trails.
- Spooky 'Cross Festival - Have some Halloween fun! This cycling event features a costume competition and great racing for all levels & categories.
- National Bike Your Park Day - Each year, Ridgeland celebrates this annual event by encouraging locals and visitors alike to explore our beautiful Natchez Trace Parkway. Be sure to snap photos and tag Visit Ridgeland!