The fall season brings lots of colorful adventures for families to enjoy, especially in Ridgeland! We've rounded up some of the best things to do in Ridgeland for you and your family to connect during this glorious time of year.
Fall Festivals + Markets
A one-stop-spot for all your fall family-friendly fun is local fall festivals. And Ridgeland has plenty of them!
- Ballet Magnificat will host Fall Fest at the Renaissance at Colony Park on Saturday, October 2 at 2PM. Enjoy a live performance and stick around for games, sack races and a limbo contest. While the kiddos play, the parents can browse among European vehicles at the 13th annual Euro Fest Classic European Auto and Motorcycle Show!
- The highly-anticipated Fall Canton Flea Market will take place on Thursday, October 14 from 7:30AM-4PM at the Canton Square. Get your holiday shopping done early with unique and locally made items!
- This is the only season of the year where it's completely acceptable to bite off more candy than you can chew. Stop by Trunk or Treat at Freedom Ridge Park on Thursday, October 28 from 6-8PM. Businesses, families and organizations can decorate their vehicle and pass out candy to the children!
- Northpark packs in all the fun at their annual Fall Fest which will be held Saturday, October 30 from 11AM-3PM. Not only is there tons of activities and treats, this event gives back to the community with a food drive.
Ridgeland Scarecrow Trail
What better way to kick off the season than with a scarecrow and pumpkin trail? Register your family (it's free!) to participate in the Ridgeland Scarecrow Trail, taking place at the Ridgeland Wildflower Field now through October 31, 2021. Display your 'crow among the beautiful wildflowers. Be sure to get creative, judges will choose their favorite to win a prize giveaway. Most importantly, create family fun memories to last!
Turtle, Tricks & Treats
Are your kiddos huge animal-lovers? Turtle Tricks & Treats is perfect for them! Central Mississippi Turtle Rescue is coming to The Railroad District to teach us all things turtles... they'll even have live turtles with them!
So come learn all the "tricks" of turtle care and grab delicious "treats" from M7 Coffee House and Whirl Natural Smoothie Bar! There will also be live music and crafts. This event is free to the public and will take place Sunday, October 17 from 1:30-3:30PM outside Blaylock Photography Studio.
Township Jazz Festival
A family that grooves together, stays together. Returning for the 13th year in a row is the Township Jazz Festival on Saturday, October 30. This event is free to the public and is the only music festival in the Jackson metro area dedicated exclusively to jazz!
Bill Waller Craft Center
For your crafty kid, stop by Bill Waller Craft Center! This storefront for the Craftsmen's Guild of Mississippi features an endless selection of unique and hand-crafted pieces of artwork. Interested in seeing how it's done? Stop by on Saturday, October 16 from 10AM-3PM for Craft Demonstration Day. Here, you'll get to see the Craftsmen in action!
Mississippi State Fair
Nothing says family-friendly fun like a state fair! Indulge in all the funnel cakes and caramel apples your heart desires then ride the rides until your stomach hurts. Enjoy live entertainment and let the kids run wild on the fair games! And don't forget to grab the staple, complimentary, honey-infused, homemade biscuits!
Turkey Day 8K
If you're one of those families that gets up early to run marathons on holidays, this one is for you! Make a Thanksgiving tradition with your loved ones by registering for Turkey Day 8K. The run will begin at 7AM at Fleet Feet of Ridgeland.
Fall is the time of year to be outside and take in the cooler weather opportunities.
- Enjoy being by the water without dipping into the cold temperature: rent a kayak from Pearl River Kayaks or check out Main Harbor Marina Store for pontoon boat, jet ski or paddle board rentals.
- Hop on a bike or take a brisk walk along the Chisha Foka Multi-use Trail, a historic 10-mile paved path along the Natchez Trace Parkway. End at the entrance near the Reservoir Overlook and set up a family picnic!
- Head over to Old Trace Park for a little family-friendly competition in a round of disc golf. This area overlooks the Barnett Reservoir and has an available pavilion and picnic shelters. There's even a playground for the kiddos to get all that energy out!
- Kids love the interactive Show Fountain at the Renaissance at Colony Park! Set up a blanket on the green space and enjoy the show each evening from 5-9PM.
We'll be honest, Mississippi's weather has a mind of its own sometimes. For a fall day that's bringing summer heat vibes, take the family indoors for some entertainment.
- Catch a kid-friendly thriller at B&B Theatres inside their screenPLAY! theater room. This area is dedicated to families with small children who need to get a little energy out before settling in to watch a film. It features a screen-side play area and full-size climbing playground with a slide!
- Jump for joy at the Altitude Trampoline Park! This giant space is filled with soft trampoline walls, safety netting, padding and a foam pit.
- Come Play at the 'Park when you sign up as a member with the Northpark Kids Club! Or simply swing by for a shopping spree and enjoy the indoor play area, interactive games and a Food Court with choices for everyone in the family.