As we navigate our new normal and social distancing with the COVID-19 outbreak, let’s keep in mind that there are still ways to have fun and stay healthy in our beautiful community of Ridgeland. We’ve compiled a list of ten ways to find some enjoyment and purpose as we all hunker down:
1. Support our local restaurants. Most restaurants in Ridgeland are offering curb-side or take-out services. And if you are able, please generously tip your server as these workers are being impacted.
2. Buy a gift certificate to a local shop or restaurant. Got an upcoming birthday or special occasion? Now’s the perfect time to show some love and shop local.
3. Hop on your bike and take a ride along Ridgeland’s multi-use trails, mountain bike trails, or the Natchez Trace Parkway.
4. Roll the windows down and cruise the Natchez Trace Parkway. Right here in our own backyard are miles and miles of beautiful scenery with stops along the way to get out, stretch your legs and breathe in some fresh air.
5. Pick up some take-out, grab your basket or cooler, perhaps a good book and have a picnic. There are great spots along the Natchez Trace Parkway and the Barnett Reservoir to spread your blanket and relax.
6. Spend some time on the Rez. With 33,000 acres of surface area and 105 miles of shoreline, the Barnett Reservoir is your oasis for fishing, boating, and relaxing.
7. Share a fun photo! Just because we are social distancing doesn’t mean that we can’t stay in touch with our friends, family and co-workers. The Welcome to Ridgeland mural on Jackson Street in the Old Town Railroad District makes for a colorful backdrop for your smiling face! Send with love!
8. Take good care of yourself. It’s easy to let stressful times get the best of you; however, now is the time to make sure you stay healthy both mentally and physically. Eat well, stay hydrated and exercise in your home if you have to. Do what you can to keep your immune system in tip-top shape.
9. Stay informed. Keep yourself up to date on the latest information from the national, state and local government authorities for best practices and statistics. In times like these knowledge is power. Be sure to check in with Visit Ridgeland’s website, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter platforms for pertinent info.
10. Be kind. “Human kindness has never weakened the stamina or softened the fiber of a free people. A nation does not have to be cruel to be tough” ~ Franklin D. Roosevelt. If you are able, lend a hand to a friend, co-worker, neighbor or even a stranger by offering to deliver groceries, prescriptions, or assist as needed.