Thank you for your interest in Ridgeland, Mississippi! Our organization represents hundreds of industry partners and regularly assists journalists with images, press trips, fact-checking, story ideas, interviews, and all other special media requests.
Press releases and story starters:
– Ridgeland’s Signature Art, Wine and Wheels Weekend
– Ridgeland and the Art of Hospitality
– Dining in Ridgeland: Upscale and Down-home
– Ridgeland’s Great Outdoors
Ridgeland in the news:
– Race for Outdoor Adventure in Ridgeland
– Ridgeland, Mississippi named one of Expedia’s 101 Most Comfortable Cities for Travelers
– Ridgeland one of the 10 Most Beautiful Towns in Mississippi
– Discover the Southeast: Right in Ridgeland
– Discover the Southeast: Outdoors and in Touch
– Ridgeland “OBO” Tandem Rally in Recumbent & Tandem Rider Magazine
– Ridgeland: One of the Ten Happiest Cities in Mississippi
Please contact Kelly Mott, Director of Communications at firstname.lastname@example.org for additional information or assistance. If you’re interested in a site visit, please complete and submit our Media Site Visit Request Form.
RIDGELAND TOURISM COMMISSION SOCIAL MEDIA POLICY
All published Ridgeland Tourism Commission (RTC) social media sites’ content is subject to monitoring. This content may take the form of digital text, photographic images or videos that might be included in a posting to any RTC social media channels/sites, such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube or Pinterest.
User-generated posts may be rejected or removed when the content of a post:
• Is off-subject or out of context
• Contains obscenity or material that appeals to the prurient interest
• Contains personal identifying information or sensitive personal information
• Contains offensive terms that target protected classes, is threatening, harassing or discriminatory
• Incites or promotes violence or illegal activities
• Contains information that reasonably could compromise public safety, security or matters related to criminal or civil investigations
• Advertises or promotes a commercial product or service, or any entity or individual
• Promotes or endorses political campaigns, ballot measures or candidates
If there are repeated violations by individuals or groups, RTC moderators reserve the right to ban participation on platforms the permit organizations to ban users.
SOCIAL MEDIA CONTEST RULES
1. ENTRY: No purchase necessary to enter or win. Eligible contestants may enter any social media or website contest and promotion administered by the Ridgeland Tourism Commission (RTC) by compliance with the terms and conditions set forth at the outset of each contest and/or promotion.
2. ELIGIBILITY: Contests open only to legal United States residents, age 21 and above. Winners must provide a valid state-issued photo ID to receive prizes. Employees of the Ridgeland Tourism Commission (RTC) along with any related contractors, affiliates, subsidiaries, businesses, and attractions and their families are not eligible. Contest entries are void where prohibited by law. Contestants residing in those areas where the contest is void may participate in the contest but may not win any prizes. RTC retains the right to edit, alter, amend, or adjust any contest and/or promotion at any time, without notice. Winning participants are ineligible from winning another RTC sponsored promotion/event for a term of six (6) months. Where applicable, any promotional compensation pertaining to restaurants and dining is limited to food and non-alcoholic beverages. Gratuity and alcohol are not included in prize winnings. Hotel accommodations are subject to availability.
3. WINNER SELECTION: Winners are determined from only valid entries. Employees of RTC will oversee all random drawings.
4. WINNER NOTIFICATION: Winners will be notified as soon as possible following the final day of the promotion. Winners have 24 hours from notification date to respond. Failure to respond will result in disqualification and selection of an alternate winner.
5. PRIZES: All prizes are subject to availability. Odds of winning are based on the total number of entries received. Awarded prizes may not be traded, transferred, or redeemed for a perceived or advertised cash value. Travel to and from the destination is the responsibility of the winner, RTC is not responsible for any costs associated with travel to or from the prize locations. Where applicable, any promotional compensation pertaining to restaurants or dining is limited to food and non-alcoholic beverages. Gratuity and alcohol are not included in prize winnings. Hotels accommodations are based on availability and may be altered or substituted as required.
6. GENERAL CONDITIONS: Upon entry, contest participants grant RTC a non-exclusive, perpetual, worldwide license to broadcast, publish, store, reproduce, distribute, syndicate, and otherwise use and exhibit the submission along with their names, voices, performance and or likenesses in all media now known and later come into being for purposed of trade or advertising without further compensation. Participants represent and warrant that they have full legal right, power and authority to grant RTC the foregoing license and if applicable, have secured all the necessary rights from any participants in, and contributors to, their submission in order to grant such a license.
7. USE OF CONTEST INFORMATION: All entries become the property of RTC. RTC reserves the right, where permitted by law, to print, publish, broadcast, distribute, and use in any media now known or hereafter developed, in perpetuity and throughout the world, with limitation, your entry, name, portrait, picture, voice, likeness, image, statements about the campaign, and biographical information for news, publicity, information, trade, advertising, public relations, and promotional purposes without any further compensation, notice, review, or consent.
8. NOT ENDORSED BY ANY SOCIAL MEDIA PLATFORM: By participating in a contest, you acknowledge that the contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with the various social media platforms used to administer the contest (Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, Snapchat, et. al.) and release said network(s) from any and all liability arising from or related to the contest. The information you are providing for the contest is being provided to RTC, and will be used to notify you in you have won, and to inform you about special offers from RTC and our trusted partners.
9. CONDUCT: All contest participants agree to be bound by these Official Rules. RTC, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to disqualify any person it finds to be tampering with entry processes, operation of its website, or otherwise violates these rules.
10. LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY: RTC is not responsible for late, lost or misdirected email for any computer, online, telephone or technical; malfunctions that may occur. If for any reason, the contest is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention or technical failures of any sort, RTC may cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the contest. Entrants further agree to release RTC from any liability resulting from, or related to participation in the contest.